Friday, December 30, 2016

Hexagrams 3 and 2

I asked today about work life, specifically. I want to know where things stand and what's in store.

Baseline: "Right from the start you face an obstacle. Do not try to force things, but never lose sight of your goals. Look out for support; a modest, open attitude will contribute to this."

5th: "You cannot transfer your ideas to others; therefore you will achieve an improvement only quietly and in small steps."

This automatically touches on two key aspects of what I'm working on: the first, pertaining to the baseline is a "within" practice of confidence and clarity and groundedness in self. The baseline seems to have more to do with "being." The 5th line has more to do with "doing" and the actions I want to take this year. I like that it talks about quiet, small steps. That will be my mantra this year: sustaining smaller steps rather than going away and working towards big ones alone. I will be living what I teach this year.

Now onto future state:
"The Receptive - This sign stands for the receptive, devoted force in nature that generates all things, the good as well as the bad, and which preserves that balance of giving and taking. Try to fully understand these natural laws and to live according to them. Here you are dealing with facts rather than potential. Accept your fate without any reservations, which will reinforce your character and will contribute to a wise perspective of the whole. Do not rely on your personal impressions, but involve helpers in your plan. Together, you can reach great things. Don't monopolize leadership, but let others take the initiative. Take time to think about the direction your life should take. Right now, it is important to find the natural answer to the events that surround you. An answer that is in keeping with natural laws is above earthly concerns and will promote your inner peace."

I'll take this. Seems like it's time to get moving - at least that's what the natural force is calling for. I'll do some work now, then a walk in the woods, then a swim (yum).

No comments:

Post a Comment