Friday, December 30, 2016

Hexagrams 51 and 57

Back at it again today. Asked specifically about my day today and got a bit of a doomsday scenario in the response. First of all, every single line was different, so I had a lot to take in. And each line "graduated" the state of affairs into a sort of state of emergency. Take a look -

(These are listed with Baseline at the bottom and 6th line at the top, but you read from top to bottom on this, so I reordered it. I'm probably going to some Chinese version of hell upon death.)

Baseline: "An unexpected event frightens you. Yet you will soon see that it was only a passing phenomenon. With relief you will find that it was all okay and that you even profit from it.

Okay, so like maybe Stephanie not coming on time was the event? I wouldn't say I was frightened, but maybe managing my expectations to account for Josh's feelings? I guess? Feels like a stretch.

2nd line:
"A sudden situation brings the danger of great loss, but don't start with hectic activity. Accept certain disadvantages in order to protect against further harm. When the time is right, you will be compensated for all you have lost."

Um... okay, so I wouldn't say my work calls brought danger of great loss. I'm not sure. I am definitely not feeling hectic, so, I guess I'm doing good. I like this idea of being compensated. I don't like feeling of loss. What.

3rd line:
"An unexpected event tests your inner strength. Try to stay relaxed and keep things in perspective. Look out for opportunities to change, which will reduce the danger."

Okay, what is going to happen this afternoon? I am now scared of the to be event that will test my inner strength. All of this just builds up the argument to go home and take a nap.

4th line:
"The shattering paralyzes you completely. You are confused and unprepared. In these circumstances no progress can be made, so wait and admit that you are helpless."

5th line:
"One shattering is followed by the next. You will survive this time if you smoothly adapt to circumstances. Do not betray your values and take a firm point in the external world."

6th line:
"The shattering confuses the whole society. On your own, you are powerless and those afflicted are so excited that they can't react in a reasonable way. Even if you are admonished for it, withdraw."

Okay, so these three I would qualify as what is happening wake me up when it's over. It feels like all of society will come crashing down today and to be honest, I'm not sure how far off that is. There might be some meeting somewhere that I don't know about that needs to draw off my energy, hopefully for good and not evil. So, I suppose it's healthy for me to think of this at various levels, as it serves. And a word like "shattering" can happen loudly on a small scale.

The Gentle/The Penetrative Influence/The Wind
"It is invisible and often hardly perceptible, yet the wind influences weather on a global scale and even builds whole landscapes. Without its continuous movement, the clouds would not bring rain, move on and make room for sunshine. Many vital things would simply cease to exist without the all-pervasive force of the wind. In your situation, you should proceed gently and with empathy. Stormy eruptions will only create a swath of destruction. To achieve something of permanence, you now need to act with a combination of unobtrusive effort, continual influence and goal-oriented action. This will not achieve spectacular effects, but your success will be all the more amazing. To influence people, you need to take into account their feelings, motivation and place of being, and to patiently accompany them in their development. The creativity of your mind will be strong and influential as soon as it blows in a single direction, and with determination."

Update: Nothing hugely dramatic happened yesterday. I ended up in a kind of burnt out place, but not doom and gloom like there could have been given my I Ching reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment